Implementation Options | Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team
So you believe The Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team can help your teams improve...
- The program is designed for a team of 3-12 people who meet on a regular basis and are collectively responsible for results. The team should be willing to invest time and energy in the process as this is a long term commitment to improving. The Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team program involves robust, interactive workshop activities that address serious team issues as opposed to a lecture or “training” session.
- We recommend this program for teams who have been together a minimum of 6-8 weeks and have not recently experienced, and are not expecting, significant change (e.g. team member leaving or change in team responsibilities). However, if you’re expecting new team members to be added shortly, and you don’t want to wait, you can establish this model with your team before the new team members arrive by using the facilitator materials. That way your new employees will be joining a team that is on the right track. As new team members join, you can begin implementing the program either with your in-house trainers or with one of our facilitators. We will come to your facility to implement the program.
- We recommend that an outside facilitator conduct the workshops if the team leader, who would otherwise conduct the program, is part of the team. In those cases, the facilitator will schedule a strategy meeting with the team leader to determine the best path forward. The facilitator may also conduct brief one-on-one phone calls with each participant so they can better understand the team’s challenges prior to the workshop.
Time Frame Options
- In today’s business climate, it’s difficult for critical teams to commit to long periods of time away from day-to-day responsibilities. The Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team program is most effective when implemented over a period of time so the concepts can be digested and practiced in their work environment. A typical program takes 3 full days but it’s given over a 6 week period. It can also be delivered as 6 half-day sessions over a 12 week period. Having time in between modules allows teams to reflect back on the previous work, focus on a couple of behaviors at a time and make positive, sustainable progress.
- You may decide to schedule a half or full day initially to introduce the model and focus on trust to get started. Then you can work with your facilitator to decide how much time you want to devote to the remaining components based on the results of the surveys and how you want the process to move forward. We have facilitators to help you determine how to internalize the program. Another option is to have a Corexcel facilitator conduct the first day’s session and then train your internal trainer(s) to facilitate the remainder of the sessions.
To request additional information on Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team, call 1-302-477-9730, or submit your request through our contact form.